Thursday, August 16, 2018

Going beyond the rainbow

Yesterday morning, I ventured into my collection to take a few photos of my Ty Hensley 2013 Bowman rainbow. Then I checked the blogs, and Zippy Zappy happened to do a tremendous post about the discipline it takes to complete a rainbow. It was like fate that on the same morning I decide to take a few photos of my rainbow, Zippy goes and puts together a terrific post. If you haven't read it, click here.
My Ty Hensley Bowman Rainbow was actually done quite a long time ago. Since then, I've been going slightly beyond the rainbow.

For example, I was content with just one printing plate. Then I found this, so figured I'd buy it.
I know I'll never have all the plates, but I did like adding another.

Then I sent Ty a TTM request, using some of the duplicates from collecting this rainbow.
So I've gone past the rainbow and there's no stopping. I'm not as manic as to get each card of this rainbow signed. That's too aggressive. But I do like adding to it here and there. Most notably, I'm content with it its current state and won't stress if this is the end.

But if more of the plates pop up, I'm definitely going to be on it.

And if Ty is playing again next season, I'll probably send him a few more of these to get signed.
ROY G BIV, my friends. ROY G BIV.

3 comments:

  1. Wowza. I guess Bowman Chrome is a rainbow builder's dream (or I guess nightmare). Had no idea there were so many different colored parallels. Congratulations on completing and continuing to build onto your beautiful rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the master rainbow my friend. A double master rainbow at that I might add.

    ReplyDelete