Friday, August 31, 2018

Plunder the Bronx

According to several reports, this man is about to become a Yankee:
I'm very happy with the acquisition if it does happen. I know he isn't the same player he was a few years back, but the Yankees have been running Shane Robinson out there far too much while they wait for Aaron Judge to return from his broken wrist. He'll immediately make the current lineup better, longer, and more capable, while also playing a solid OF. Done.

Aside from the no more Shane Robinson thing, my favorite part? Hoping Cutch finds his way into an annoyingly large amount of 2019 Topps sets despite his 30 game cameo. If we know Topps like I think we do, he's a pretty safe bet to be in at least Series 1, Heritage, and Gypsy Queen.

What's fun about that isn't the cards I'll acquire, but watching my friend, Collecting Cutch, battle Yankee fans for some beautiful and rare Cutch cards of him in Pinstripes. My money (and his!) is on Collecting Cutch coming out victorious.
I don't have many McCutchen cards, but hopefully he has a few Topps Now-able moments in September. I'm also glad I hung on to this t-shirt over the years!

3 comments:

  1. All of the comments about how he's the nicest guy in baseball and him being on the Yankees "stings" gives me life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been super busy the past week so just getting around to blog now. Thanks for the compliment and I am hoping toadd a few nice copies of Cutch in pinstripes to the PC.

    ReplyDelete