Monday, August 6, 2018

Opting in

As many of you have surely seen, Colbey from Cardboard Collections recently held a free group break for a couple of boxes of 2016 Donruss Optic he opened. I claimed the Yanks, hoping for a Greg Bird or Luis Severino autograph.

While that did not quite happen, it was still a success that netted me some very nice Yankees cards. ARod led the way with a few Diamond Kings, include the Refractor (Prizm? Holo?) version.
He was also in the base set.
One thing I learned is that Aroldis Champan's first name is actually Albertin. I did not know that!
It feels like forever ago that Brian McCann was on the Yankees.
I was able to score a few of the Rated Rookies, including Severino and Bird. It also feels like forever ago that Robert Refsnyder was a top Yankees prospect.
My favorite card of the break was the Mariano Rivera Masters of the Game. Just a very nice card!
I also got a few of the purple parallels, including McCann and Bird. The Bird is a particular favorite.
Thanks for the break, Colbey!

2 comments:

  1. Panini did a great job with that McCann card. I'm thinking all of their catchers should be shown in their catcher's gear.

    ReplyDelete