Monday, August 20, 2018

Stantonian

Over the last two months, Giancarlo Stanton has been one of the hottest hitters in baseball. It seems like almost every other game he is hitting laser beam homers. After getting off to a slow start, it's been a lot of fun watching him heat up during the summer.

And it came at a much-needed time, as Aaron Judge has missed the last 23 games with a fractured wrist. It's too bad we haven't seen those two hot at the plate the same time.

Regardless, my Stanton Yankee pickups have been pretty few and far between, but I used my latest stash of eBay Bucks to bring this one home:
There's Stanton's spot in the Topps Living Set.

I'm happy with this one. Stanton has a pretty focused look. Maybe even with a hint of meanness. It's the same look he has had at the plate since the calendar flipped to July.

I've now got two Yankees from the Living Set - Gleyber Torres and Stanton. Stupidly, I missed out on Andujar, but I'm definitely happy to have this one. This card was only produced 7,626 times, which shows Stanton hasn't quite won over Yankee collectors yet.

But I'm not one of them. I'm on board with this guy through and through.

3 comments:

  1. 7,626 seems a high number to me but I haven't been following the production run of the Living Set. I wonder what's average? Or, if this actually above average but not as high as you expected? Nice pick up, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 7K is fairly average. Rookies are going much, much higher though.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I just bought some Acuna rookies on ebay, my first living set cards. I hear they are nice in hand.

    ReplyDelete