Friday, September 23, 2011

Birthday present to me from me


Today is my birthday. I’ll be headed to the Yankees-Red Sox game tonight to celebrate. As a little gift for myself, I bought this card as part of a large purchase on SportLots. It’s a 2008 Bowman Chrome Jesus Montero RC and I paid $5 for it. A month ago I probably could have gotten it cheaper, but it’s a card I wanted, and hey, it’s my birthday.

It’s been an interesting year for me. For one, I found out I’m about to become a first-time dad. That will happen in December. On a much less personal note, I also started the blog and got back into collecting in the last year, which has certainly been a lot of fun. I picked up painting again with my Derek Jeter painting, and currently I’m working on a Rivera.

Yeah, I’m getting older, but overall it was a good year and I’m looking forward to what’s in store this year.

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!

    I've been to Yankee Stadium on my birthday. Wasn't rooting for the team you'll be rooting for though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, AJ!

    So many good things are in store for you, my friend.

    Go Yanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and congrats on the impending little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday; congratulations; and we're glad to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday buddy! I've got a package of cards with your name on it but I keep getting distracted from mailing it. They'll leave soon!

    ReplyDelete