Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More 1968 Topps Game, including Frank Robinson

I was recently searching for some 1968 Topps Game cards on eBay and I found a seller with two lots - nine cards total. I reached out and he said he'd offer me a great combined shipping deal, so I placed my bids. I was the only bidder on each. So for $4.48 total (including shipping), I got nine cards. A few were dupes, but overall just under $.50 a card is a good deal in my book.

The best card I got was Frank Robinson. There are a bunch of HOFers in this set, so any time I can cross one off the list is a success. The only other Robinson that I owned in a '75 Topps, so this is cool to have.


Next up, a couple of legends in Ron Santo and Orlando Cepeda. If I didn't know who it was, I'd have a hard time team reading Cepeda's signature.


Three more I didn't have: Gene Alley, Jim Wynn and Frank Howard.


These three were dupes, but I actually think all three sign TTM, so maybe I'll ship them off and see if I can get them autographed. Fun fact - Tony Gonzalez (not the tight end) was the first player to wearing a batting helmet with an ear flap.

No comments:

Post a Comment