Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cards from Night Owl

Out of my blaster of Lineage, I pulled a Matt Kemp shiny. The refractory looking one and not the ones that look like the 2011 Topps parallels. Cripes, I can't keep Platinum Diamond and Diamond Anniversary straight. Seriously, I have no idea which is which. Anyways, Night Owl claimed the card (and an Ike Davis mmmmmini) and sent me some Yanks for it, plus a few more as my prize in his Crack the Code contest.

My favorite card is a Jorge Posada 2010 Topps Chrome Refractor. I think I just really love refractors I'm coming to realize. I think my scanner (aka iPhone app) did a great job capturing the color spectrum. I’m sort of impressed.


Card photos like this are why I really miss Stadium Club.

A cool ARod Upper Deck Die Cut. Check out the close up…was this part supposed to be perforated? Maybe I can sell it on eBay as a 1/1 error card!


Two nice cards of Mr. 602 himself. I would LOVE to get this Masterpieces card signed. Maybe Mo will sign TTM c/o spring training again next year. The card is begging for a signature.


Two CC Sabathias, including a Bowman Platinum. Hmmm, I wonder what photo the A&G artist sketched his portrait from?

These two cards don’t really go together but I like them. I’m a big fan of Lineage, so the Teixeira was welcome. I actually didn’t have a Sandy Alomar Yankees card, so this was a nice pick up too.


Mr. Night Owl, I thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Just "Night Owl" is fine :)

    I'm just happy I have a place to ditch my Yankees.

    ReplyDelete