Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Mattingly relic for me


I didn’t really mean to win this card, but somehow I ended up with it. I paid about $2.50 for it, plus another $2 shipping. It’s my first Mattingly relic. I wish it had a pinstripe instead of the road gray swatch, but oh well. Also, it says it was used in an official MLB game…Mattingly was a coach with the Yanks, so could this have been used while he was coaching and not playing? Who knows. However, he was always one of my favorites (still is), so I’m happy to add this to my collection.

2 comments:

  1. Even with the weasel words, it's still a nicely designed card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the swatch matches the picture on the card. Big pet peeve of mine when they don't. It's a nice card, and the only thing that matters is that you're happy with it.

    ReplyDelete