Saturday, December 17, 2016

Merry Christmas to you as well, Topps

This afternoon, I received an unexpected envelope from Topps. I recently got a replacement redemption from them (write-up to come), and still have another outstanding. However, this wasn't a bubble mailer. My first thought was that this was probably a letter apologizing for the delay.

However, I was pleasantly surprised to find a holiday card from Topps NOW. What a nice gesture!
The best part is, a free card fell out! Check this out - a four-player Topps NOW card. Very cool! It looks and feels like the same product from this past season. I could have done without Ortiz on it, but at least he's on the back. Love that Gary Sanchez made the front. He had a Topps NOW card about every other day.
We give Topps a lot of shit, but this was something they didn't have to do, and I appreciate the surprise. I was pretty happy when the card fell out. Topps, nice job doing a little thing to bring a smile to the face of a collector.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Sox fans had to deal with all the media & hobby love for your retiring legends, so you have to deal with ours :P At least you got Gary Sanchez on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought when I saw these was "they better damn well send you a Christmas card if you're paying $9.99 for one of those things."

    The card is a nice gesture, but I'm still annoyed those cards cost so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will see if I get one. Haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was cool to see them give out the extra card. I received mine on Saturday. I'll probably just hold a contest or trade it to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to Topps for doing this for their collectors. I remember UD had their random act of kindness campaign a couple of years ago. It's nice that the card companies give something back to the people who pay their salaries.

    ReplyDelete