Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Wes-mas

I got my cards from the JBF Trade-a-thon. I claimed two cards, but of course Wes didn't sent only two cards. When would he ever send only two cards?

I absolutely loved this 1997 Donruss Studio Hard Hats insert set. I have the Bernie Williams and I really want the Jeter one day. For a card with a 5,000 print run, it's impossible to find. I have a saved eBay search, and it NEVER shows up.
So I had to jump at the chance to own another.
The second card I claimed was this shiny gold Andy Pettitte Bowman Prime Prospect. I am not familiar with this card, and had definitely never seen it.

I would have been happy if those were the only two, but Santa Wes had other plans. Like this:
And this:
And a whole bunch of other Yankees I'm happy to have. Lot of serially numbered goodness, and I really like the mini green refractor of Miguel Andujar. He's a very exciting prospect and could be the Yankees 3B one day.
Wes, you are the man. I have a a return pack for you which I'll be sending soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great stuff! The Tino mini must have had your name on it, tradeathon or not. And I forgot Melancon was originally a Yankee.

    Those Hard Hats cards are very cool. I had a Scott Rolen in my box forever, but I think I sold it on COMC.

    ReplyDelete