Tuesday, December 20, 2016

TTM Success: Hal Stowe

I love TTM autos on vintage!

I haven't had a success in a while, so this was a welcome return. Former Yankee Hal Stowe signed my card in just one week's time. Stowe played for the Yankees in 1960 and pitched one inning. In fact, that was his whole Big League appearance. Ever. One inning. One ER. One walk. One balk. No hits. Lifetime 9.00 ERA.

He pitched the eighth inning of a Sept 30 win versus Boston. The Yankee lineup that day featured Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Yogi Berra, and Moose Skowron. They ended up walking off in the bottom of the 9th, giving Duke Maas the win.

The fact that he pitched once makes this success even cooler, in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Nice success! I might have to give Mr. Stowe a try too. It seems like the more obscure player's tend to be the one's that you can always count on for a positive return.

    ReplyDelete