Wednesday, June 28, 2017

TTM Success: Billy Wagner

Former All-Star closer Billy Wagner signed two cards for me c/o his home.
I've always love the Topps card of him dressed in fire gear. My fondest memory of Wagner was actaully in 2003. I was at an Astros game with my family, and Wagner had already cemented himself as a great closer. I remember him entering a game against the Cardinals, and the fans were going nuts as his pitch speed approached 100mph. When he hit 100, there was chaos in the stadium.
I wish he pitched for the Yankees at some point, but that's ok. I actually thought he retired more recently than after the 2010 season. it's hard to believe he hasn't pitched in over 6 years.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome card (fireman) card to have signed. Wagner is a PC guy of mine.

    ReplyDelete