Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cleve used Napkin Doon to send me cards



Napkin Doon has been spoiling me lately. The man keeps sending me packages of cards too good not to post. I’d like to think these cards were actually from Cleve himself, and Nap just acted as the middle man and mailed them on behalf of Cleve. Yeah, that’s the story I’ll go with.

Cleve set aside a few cards from a recent auction, knowing I’d drool over them. He was right.

First off, here is a 1962 Topps Hall Stowe. I hadn’t heard of Stowe before I saw the card, but thought this was pretty cool. Plus, it’s vintage. I also thought Stowe sort of reminded me of the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz. I don’t know, I’m weird.
The highlight of the package for me was the Mark Montgomery Bowman auto. I can’t seem to get a TTM success from Montgomery, so I’m happy to finally get his autograph. 
Lastly, there was a fancy Derek Jeter Topps Museum. The product is too high end for me, but I always appreciate getting the Yanks through trades. 
Thanks, Nap, for sending me Cleve's card. Your Hank Blalock autograph is on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment