Friday, March 14, 2014

The Sandlot - movie and cards

I love the movie The Sandlot. I probably still watch it once per year. In fact, I was watching it a few weeks ago during some late-night channel surfing. For the record, by "late-night" it was probably like 9pm. That's late for me these days. Shit, I've gotten old.

Anyhow, I noticed something this time that I hadn't noticed before. I blame all of you for this sort of awareness. In the beginning of the movie, when Smalls is nervously asking his step-dad to play catch, there is a cereal box on the table. Notice anything on the box?
How about now?
Boom. Post baseball cards. Pretty cool little Easter egg, no?

Speaking of The Sandlot, I completed my first trade with Joe over at Sandlot Cards. He posted this sweet 1950 Bowman Bob Porterfield. I wanted it. I sent him a Mike Piazza relic and a few Mets, and the Porterfield was mine.
He also sent a great assortment of Yanks. I love this Chili Davis card. I don't know why, but I think it's awesome.
 
 Thanks, Joe!


2 comments:

  1. The Sandlot is a huge favorite of my family. My kids are grown and gone but when the come to visit sometimes we'll crank it up.

    I mean who would have passed up a chance with Wendy Peffercorn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They appear to be 1962 Post baseball cards

    ReplyDelete