Thursday, March 27, 2014

An Impossible Rainbow



I haven’t completed any collecting rainbows, to my knowledge. I might have an accidental one somewhere. To be fair, I haven’t really made it a goal either.

After familiarizing myself with 2013 Bowman Draft, I can confidently say I have no chance at the rainbow from this product. The amount of color parallels and refractors is staggering. It’s unattainable for a collector with my limited resources, especially with so many low-numbered cards.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I joined a 2013 BowmanDraft 5-case break, and as opposed to a team, I bought a player. I would receive all Chrome and parallels of my particular player, in this case, Ty Hensley.

I bought in on a couple more of the same break, all for Ty Hensley, with mixed results. In one break, I hit a jackpot.: A Red Chrome Refractor #’d 3/5. I actually saw this in the YouTube case recap that the seller posted, so when it arrived, it helped reassure that this seller is legit. Some have expressed concerns of not trusting group break sellers, but I appreciate the fact that this gentlemen posted case recaps on YouTube with all the hits/rare cards.
I managed to snag a few other colors of the rainbow through these breaks, but there are so many others. If you have a Ty Hensley from this set that I don’t have, let me know! 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I have trouble keeping up with all the Chrome variations. I've always said that I need to keep a cheat sheet in my wallet to know which variations are numbered to what.

    The low numbered versions are so expensive. I was looking at some of Austin Meadows low numbered variations the other day and they were going off at $500. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try and snag as many as I can, but there's no way I'm going to be able to grab the lower ones. I got lucky enough to get the one #'d to 5.

      Delete
  2. Good luck. I've attempted and given up on a number of rainbows over the years. I'm only 2 pieces away from a Betances rainbow though.

    ReplyDelete