Friday, March 28, 2014

TTM Success: Lyle Overbay

Last year's Topps Update set included a bunch of stop-gap Yanks. With all of the injuries and offensive ineptitude, the Yanks took a lot of chances on players. One of the better pick-ups was Lyle Overbay. He played good defense and was a solid clubhouse guy. I liked the way he played. He certainly couldn't come close to matching what Mark Teixeira gives you when healthy, but the man put his head down and played hard. I respected that about him.

He even played a few games in right field when Teixeira briefly came back from injury.

Overbay is now with the Brewers, but was nice enough to sign this card for me. I sent it to Brewers spring training, and it came back in just over a month.

2 comments:

  1. Aw man, I should've sent a request to Overbay. Nice success though.

    At this point in his career, Teixeira isn't that much better than Overbay though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice I need to get Overbay for my Brewers collection now that he's back with the team.

    ReplyDelete