Wednesday, July 25, 2018

A package before the affordable group break

Prior to his most recent Affordable Group Break, Colbey aka Flywheels was generously sending out some team packages of cards he no longer needed. I swooped in and snagged the Yankees, and was delighted to receive a small box of goodies.

The cards ranged from the late 90s until now, and there was a lot of shiny, I noticed. The 2011 Topps parallels - Diamond Anniversary and Cognac aka Liquorfractor - still really hold up seven (!) years later.
I do like them a bit more than the rainbow foils of the last few years.
However, anything with a Refractory-finish always is eye catching. I hadn't seen this Gerhig card. My guess is it came in one of those mega-box type packages that have a few packs and a small set of 5 exclusive cards.
Speaking of Gehrig, this might have have been my favorite card of the bunch. What a perfect card!
There were other Yankee legends included too!
As well as some vintage.
And no package would be complete without a Tino! Bring back Pacific!
Thanks for the awesome cards, Colbey!

3 comments:

  1. I like your information which is very useful for me. Thanks.

    Kurta Dhoti For Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Turkey Red Gehrig is a great looking card. Tired of most of the newer Topps products. Maybe I'll target some Turkey Red wax boxes on eBay and start putting together some of those sets from back in the day.

    ReplyDelete