Monday, July 30, 2018

Cards on Cards turned 10, so he gave us presents

Last month, Kerry from Cards on Cards celebrated his 10-year blogging anniversary. That is certainly a nice round number. Cards on Cards has been a mainstay since I've been here, and is always a great source for some great baseball and basketball cards.

To celebrate his anniversary, Kerry gave us presents. That's right. We should be showering him with cards, but instead he hosted an extremely generous group break for his readers.

I was lucky enough to snag the Yankees, and came away with some excellent cards.

I was actually most excited about the 2018 Bowman Yankees. I was unable to find any Bowman in my retail attempts, and Kerry sent a bunch of the cards I would have hoped to get had I busted some myself, including Gleyber Torres.
There were also some shiny Yankees prospects cards. Justus Sheffield is rocking JA Happ's #34. Domingo Acevedo actually spent time with the Yankees a few games ago, but didn't see any game action.
Here are two new Aaron Judge cards I didn't have yet!
And some 2017 Allen & Ginters. I can't tell what design is what with this product anymore.
Minor Leaguers were abundant, especially since some of the boxes Kerry busted were Team Best products.
Along with some newer minor league issues as well.
1999 Stadium Club was one of the main boxes as well. I've always loved this card of Paul O'Neill and Chuck Knoblauch, mostly because I want to know what Paulie said to him when they got back to the dugout. I'm sure Paul was very friendly about it. It looks like the catch was made though!
Kerry, thanks for this generous package, and congrats on the big 1-0!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, thanks for reminding me that I still need to get that post up! The picture on the Knoblauch is typical Stadium Club - in a word, awesome.

    ReplyDelete