Monday, July 23, 2018

His blog may be dormant...

...but his trade packages have been erupting all over the internet.

I'm talking about Mr. Bob Walk the Plank. I've seen it on Twitter and on the blogs. He's cleaning out some trade bait and really sending some excellent cards.
I was the lucky recipient of two gorgeous cards of current Yankees that his desk threw up.

Whoa.
That was my reaction when I saw this Dellin Betances 2007 Topps Five Star autograph #d to 50. The signature area is very unique. It's almost superfractor-like. Add the fact that it's on card and about as thick as 10 regular cards, and it makes for quite a good looking piece.
Last but not least, a jersey card of the criminally under-collected Luis Severino from 2017 Donruss. Sure, it might be a plain gray swatch, but I appreciate Panini's efforts here to have a home plate-shaped area for the jersey. Not a bad design at all.

These were two excellent cards, indeed. Thanks, Matthew!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure I'll unearth something else! Glad you liked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice group of cards. I got a stack for you that is ready to throw up too.

    ReplyDelete