Sunday, July 29, 2018

What's the Status? Beats me.

Even with all the different cards I own of Ty Hensley from 2012 Elite Extra Edition, I still have no clue what all the different parallel versions are or how many are out there. I believe I have most of them at this point, especially with the addition of this Gold Status diecut, #1/5:
Here's how this particular collection is shaping up:
  • Base card
  • Prizm (sitting in my "ready to ship" account on COMC)
  • Green Prizm
  • Prospects: Autograph
  • Aspirations: Die Cut, Autograph
  • Status: Gold Die Cut (above), Blue Die Cut (sitting in my "ready to ship" account on COMC), Die Cut Autograph, Emerald Die Cut Autograph
I believe I'm still missing a couple of the colored ink autographs, as well as a Father's Day Prism.

What a confusing set. Given the limited Ty Hensley cards out there, you'd think I'd have a better grasp on this, but I've just never wrapped my head around this set.

What I can tell you is that it's my 101st unique Hensley card. Onward!




3 comments:

  1. Elite Extra Edition has almost as many parallels as Bowman Chrome. It's why I never got into the prospecting game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Elite Extra Edition Torrens cards are a mindfuck too. I don't blame you at all for just letting these come to you rather than seeking them out yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was building the Kurt Suzuki Elite Edition rainbow, but started finding same colored parallels with different autograph inscriptions. Of course I considered these different cards. I stopped searching for them altogether due to frustration.

    ReplyDelete