Total hat tip goes out to the sound advice Stubby provided on a great thread started by Chris over at Nachos Grande. Here is what Stubby wrote:
On Blogger (never used the platform myself), I'm told that, if you remove your email for notification of comments (and perhaps some other of the information you've previously provided as well) and then re-enter THE SAME information, the notifications will start up again (possibly preceded by a "do you wish to subscribe" email). When they updated something in the system, it rendered all the notification emails as inactive or something, so you have to act as though you're providing updated info, even if the info is the same as it ever was.I tried it and voila! It worked like a charm (so far).
- Go to your blogger dashboard
- Select Settings (it's in a left hand menu for me)
- Select Email
- In the box for comment notification email, I removed my email address and selected "save" so that no email address was in the box
- I then typed in my email address and hit "save"
- I got an email from blogger asking me to "subscribe" to comments on my blog
- I tested it and it worked!