Monday, August 27, 2012

Too Goody to be true

Paul from Carl Crawford Cards and I have had a great time this summer discussing the Charleston Riverdogs. Spending most of his summer in Charleston, Paul attended many games, including the All Star game and fanfast, and sent me some truly sweet autos. While Paul got to see the players firsthand, I could provide him with what I knew about the prospects he was watching and how they were regarded in the Yankees organization.



At one of his last games for the summer, Paul was able to secure two more autographs for me. One was of hefty masher Saxon Butler, a DH/1B our of Samford taken in the 33rd round of this year's draft. He was a college senior, so it's no surprise he outhit rookie ball and was assigned to A ball.

The second auto was an interesting bullpen arm - Nick Goody. Goody was taken by the Yanks in the 22nd round last year, didn't sign, and they took him again this year - in the sixth! He was LSU's closer this year, and should move pretty quickly through the system.

Paul, this autos are sweet. Thanks again for hooking me up this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Again, glad I could hook you up!

    Butler had a big game that day, and the next day I saw him and told him it was because signing my program had brought him good luck. He wasn't terribly amused :). Awesome guy!

    ReplyDelete