Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Larger than life cards



In the same box as the NASCAR autographs from my last post, I also had a similar envelope of 8x10 baseball cards. These were in a thing in the mid ‘90s, as several brands had packs that came with one 8x10, and then a few standard-sized cards.

I only remember buying one actual pack of these at a card show, hoping to get the Tino Martinez 8x10 in 1997 Studio. I ended up with Chipper Jones.
As for the Zenith cards, I have no idea where these may have come from. I don’t recall buying packs of these. Maybe I got them at a card show? The first is the base 8x10, and the remaining two are the Dufux version, which are actually pretty cool looking. Baseballcardpedia.com informs me that there were two 8x10s in each pack, a base and a Dufex. 
Again, I have no clue where these came from, but I’m glad I have them after all these years. They are very cool, and the Dufex cards would make for some very interesting wall art.

4 comments:

  1. "Dufux" I love that name for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I pulled that same Chipper long ago. That Albert Belle is very cool I've never seen the Dufex ones before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the days of 8x10 cards and Dufex parallels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait is that Joey Belle and Larry Jones?
    Awesome cards! Loved the Dufex technology back in the day.

    ReplyDelete