Saturday, November 11, 2017

Fuji hits it here

 A few days ago, San Jose Fuji sent out about 100 packages. I was happy to see my zip code listed on his outgoing mail list. That always makes me feel special.

Seriously, here's Fuji's mailing. Other post office customers must have been very happy with him.
The majority of the package was filled with Tinos from the '90s, which is always fun. Even when I have many of them, it feels like an opportunity to look through them and appreciate them again, something I don't do enough with my collection.
For instance, this 1998 Pinnacle Hit It Here insert card.
Or this 1997 Topps Stars base card, which was a very premium set back in 1997. I remember seeing these cards featured on the page of Beckett. I even got the courage to buy a pack once, and pulled a Vernon Wells rookie that I actually sold a friend for $5.

The '90s had great sets. I know they were and still are confusing waters to navigate for sellers, but cards like this make it worth it:
 
Fuji also sent two cards of 2017 Yankees All-Stars Dellin Betances and Luis Severino. While Betances really lost his way in the last few weeks of the season, his overall body of work was solid and he's still an asset moving forward.
Severino is a Cy Young finalist, and while he won't win, a 23-year-old finalist for such an award is incredible, especially given he lost his rotation spot in 2016.

Fuji, thanks my friend!

3 comments:

  1. Love the stain glass looking cards. They are just beautiful cards to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I totally felt bad. Luckily there were a lot of cashiers working (in preparation of the holiday season). But I'm sure people were thinking... what the duck?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got hooked up by Fuji too. Awesome cards from an awesome dude

    ReplyDelete