Thursday, July 26, 2018

Luckily others have a better memory than I do

My memory stinks.

I'm only in my mid-30s, but seriously, it's shot. My wife tells me things and I completely forget. Constantly, I run an errand, and forget to pick up what I actually went for. I'm not sure if it's just age creeping on me, inattentiveness, or what, but I really stink at remembering simple things. Luckily I'm much more focused at work, but likely because I am a notorious note-taker.

Lucky for me, others are far better when it comes to the memory department. I recently received a package from Tim over at I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning. Back when Series One first came out, Tim mentioned he could help me with some of the Derek Jeter Target-exclusive set. I totally forgot, but luckily Tim didn't, and an unexpected package landed on my doorstep.

Here is the Jeter that got it started:
Tim was kind enough to throw in a bunch more awesome cards, including a Tino I didn't have:
Sweet! Numbered to just 76 copies, this is one of the rarer Tino cards I now own. This marks Tino #852 for me.

And a Tino from his USA Baseball days.
I love this card! Jorge Posada 1994 Bowman rookie card.
I had never seen this Topps Chrome Roger Clemens. It's pretty cool and I think it scanned decently for what it us. Neat looking effect with the years and text on the card.
There was some other nice shiny too!
These Ring Masters cards are neat. I was duped into one before thinking there was a fabric material within the text, but it's just an image. Still a neat card though.
And I'll end the way I started, with a great looking Jeter from Topps Hertiage.
Tim, thanks for having a much better memory than me!

4 comments:

  1. It seems like a lot of people's memories aren't as good as they should/used to be, I think most of us know why, but nobody wants to admit it.

    And that Elite Tino is really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of those 20th Century Best cards, although I've never seen a Chrome one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Elite Aspirations parallel is gorgeous. They have the craziest serial numbering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything arrived safely. Always happy to spread some Yankees cardboard love.

    ReplyDelete