Monday, March 18, 2019

TTM Success: Dirk Nowitzki

After two decades in the NBA, Dirk Nowitzki will be hanging it up after this season.

I've always enjoyed watching Dirk play. There was something so lovable about him, and he turned laughing-stock Dallas into a NBA title contender and eventual champion. He had a very unique game for a 7-footer, shooting lights out all over the court with his patented fadeaway jumper.

He has also been a very gracious TTM signer for his fans. I actually received a success from him five or six years ago, but I didn't prep the card and it bubbled very badly. I never got around to sending him another request until just recently, and I threw this card into a recent COMC order because I figured it 1. would't bubble and 2. would look pretty good.
I was right! It came out great.

Thanks Dirk, and enjoy retirement!

3 comments:

  1. So is he a HoFer?

    (This question is rhetorical)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty amazing that he is such a generous signer, most active player's of his caliber aren't. And the Turkey Red parallel was an excellent choice, it looks really great signed!

    ReplyDelete