Friday, May 17, 2019

Saved!

This morning, on my way to grab the bus to work, I noticed a stray envelope on the ground next to my porch. My porch is slightly raised, up about 4 steps and made of bricks and stone. On both sides are those ugly green generic bushes that need to be trimmed once in a while, sitting about two feet in front of the house. My mailbox is attached to the house, to the left of the porch and above the bushes.

The envelope was laying behind the bush towards the house.

It was clearly a PWE, so it meant cards. Either an eBay purchase or a TTM.

As it turned out, it was an eBay purchase. The ground was a little damp, but luckily it didn't rain last night, and the card was A-okay.

So what card did I save? This beauty:
God, late '90s cards are so awesome. I think about this more every day. I like 1997/1998 cards so much more than today's uninspired crap, and even more than vintage. It's true.

This is a super shiny Artists Proof from 1998 Score Rookie Traded. Was surprised I didn't have it, but glad to now own it, and glad I didn't have to re-purchase it because of poor aim by my mailman.

7 comments:

  1. Sweet Score! (Pun intended)
    Be on the lookout for something coming your way next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the save! It always felt good to find one of those AP's in a pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever hand deliver a card to your house I'll be sure to leave it next to the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that I've come to realize that mid to late 90's cards are tops for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew! And given how much rain we've gotten you were lucky!

    ReplyDelete