Monday, January 25, 2021

Sup, JediJeff?!

It has been a few years since we had traded, but JediJeff of 2x3 Heroes dropped back into my DMs asking for my address. The last correspondence I had with him (according to gmail) was 2017, so it was awesome to hear from him this past November. 

And, let's just say Jeff brought it. Not sure if he had just been setting some cards aside or what, but what a great package it was. Two team bags full of goodies.
Where to begin? Let's start with Yankees legend Bert Campaneris. Just kidding, but I always enjoy the opportunity to show Campaneris as a Yankee because I know many find it appalling to see him in pinstripes. Hey, he hit a career high .322 with the Yankees. Like I said, legend. I have the 84 Topps, but the 83 Traded is new.
Ok, on to some more of the traditional hits if I didn't offend you too much. My favorite - easily - was an Aaron Judge rookie card. But not just any RC. Topps Chrome Refractor RC! That is so so pretty, new to my collection, and a really generous card for Jeff to send. That card immediately goes in my "good box."
There were a couple card with pieces of jersey or metal in them. The Yogi coin is really cool. I live about 10 minutes from the Yogi Berra museum and I have never been. That's pretty lame. Once this all clears up I am going to go.
Three A&G jerseys of, sadly, former Yankees. Well, I believe Tanaka will be a former Yankee, as it doesn't look like the Yanks are bringing him back. Jacoby Ellsbury is a free agent...dude doesn't even have a minor league deal anywhere. Is he done?
This is a little but of an odd one, but gladly will add it to my Jeter collection. It's a Sage Sportkings jersey. The card is...of a jersey. The limits of no MLB or MLBPA license! But of course I'll count it as another Jeter relic. It's definitely unique.
Here's a few other cards that really jumped out at me. No one pimps a homer like Aaron Hicks.
Thanks, Jeff! Appreciate reconnecting and appreciate the awesome package!

8 comments:

  1. I loved 2018 Sport Kings. It was such a gorgeous set, but that memorabilia card is weird. I understand a company not being able to use a logo... but no player image? Oh well... it's still a piece of Jeter's jersey which is really cool. Very generous package for JediJeff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was some accumulation! Wasn't that Judge selling for obscene amounts of money just a few years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Those are some fantastic cards! That Berra is sweet. I might have to try to grab one of them for my father, who grew up back in those days and Berra was his favorite player.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am short of words for the amazing profit you helped me earn in just a week with bitcoin trading am so sorry I doubted at the beginning, I invested $200 and earn $2,500 in just one week, and kept on investing more, today I am financially successful, you can contact him via email: carlose78910@gmail.com Via whatsapp: (+12166263236) I advice you shouldn't hesitate.
    He's great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am short of words for the amazing profit you helped me earn in just a week with bitcoin trading am so sorry I doubted at the beginning, I invested $200 and earn $2,500 in just one week, and kept on investing more, today I am financially successful, you can contact him via email: carlose78910@gmail.com Via whatsapp: (+12166263236) I advice you shouldn't hesitate.
    He's great

    ReplyDelete
  6. the yogi relic is fantastic. looks pretty weighty too?

    ReplyDelete