Monday, April 26, 2021

Bonus card with purchase

I really like when eBay sellers throw extra cards into a package.

Sometimes it's just for extra passing, and included a few base commons. Other times, the seller actually throws something in of the same player or team. Even if I don't need the card, it's always a cool gesture. I once read a Twitter post about someone being mad when they received bonus cards. Weirdos.

The main attraction was an awesome, CD-looking card from 2001 Fleer Ultra of Derek Jeter. This is another one I've wanted for some time. The CD is diecut, and gives a off a metallic, mirror-like finish. It really does look a CD.
While this is from 2001, I'll still lump it in with sweet 90s designs. I'm tired of saying I wish we got cards like this in 2021. Lost cause. We don't and won't.

But wait...there's more!

While the Greatest Hits of Jeter was the only card I ordered, there was a bonus card thrown in...literally:
Very cool of the seller to add a second Jeter, and I chuckled with the penny sleeve being labeled "Bonus Card." He wanted me to know!

I appreciate it. The seller definitely went above and beyond. And I'll always take another Jeter. 

Not a bad pickup at all: a diecut of a great design, and a freebie just for ordering.

Thanks, kind seller!

5 comments:

  1. That is very nice of the seller to do that. Bumper cards are a great way to shed stock; but this is truly a bonus card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too, especially when it's a super star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My "bonus" cards are almost always filler cards for padding, and usually have scotch tape on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That CD is a nice card. I don't think I've ever gotten bonus cards from an eBay purchase, maybe because I buy lots rather than single cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've thrown in some bonus cards in a few of my recent eBay sales... but I haven't gone out and purchased "bonus card" labels yet. Maybe after I make my first 10k in sales ;D

    ReplyDelete