Monday, May 31, 2021

Breaking a Bowman Blaster

Well, indeed it has been an awful start to the summer. It literally rained from Friday evening right up through last night. Plus, temperatures were in the high 40s. What a mess! I did use some time to organize my disaster of a card area, including deciding to order a BCW card bin to house my Tino collection. I am saying goodbye to binders.

Yesterday I needed a pick me up, and got it while watching the Indy 500. I got an email ping on my phone that a blaster of 2021 that I had ordered from Target had been delivered. I went outside and quickly rescued the box, which was getting poured on. Luckily, the box held up and the cards were fine.

I know it's fun around these parts to crap on Bowman, but I am not one of these people. I like Bowman more than most. In fact, I would rather open Bowman than:
  • Allen & Ginter
  • Gypsy Queen
  • Heritage
  • Stadium Club
  • Big League
  • Opening Day
  • Donruss
I like the mix of current players, rookies, and prospects, including a draftee's first Bowman card. I like the inserts, which usually are very shiny. I like the chance at a prospect autograph.

Let's start with the RCs. I was glad to get Clarke Schmidt, as well as a few others like Alec Bohm and Jo Adell. Schmidt just started a throwing program in hopes of coming back later this year. He's got a world of talent, but it is starting to feel like he'll never be one who is healthy. I hope I am wrong.
I did land one parallel as well, a blue pApEr of Rockies catching prospect Drew Romo.
On to the Chromes, where the highlight was Blaze Jordan of the Red Sox. Sweet name. Not sweet team. I hope he doesn't torment the Yankees for years. This card alone will pay for at least half the price of the blaster.
I did ok with the inserts, although in pack 2 my day was made when I pulled a Jasson Dominguez Scouts Top 100. I have a couple Dominguez cards already, but this is the first time I pulled one for myself from a pack.
Here's the rest of my inserts. They always pack a lot of shine.
The weather looks better today to salvage some of the weekend, but overall, I'm happy with my blaster, as it helped save a rainy day.

6 comments:

  1. I see something I like. If the Romo is up for grabs, you know I want it. I could also use any Rockies base/chromes if you aren't collecting the set(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s yours. I just claimed the Judge from yesterday so good swap. I’ll check on any others I got.

      Delete
  2. How did you get it delivered? It says on their site it isn't eligible for shipping. and they're not selling them in stores anymore, so I don't know how they're selling them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like 10 days ago I ordered, and was shipping normally. Just ordered a mega box same way s couple days ago.

      Delete
  3. Those cards all seem really, really busy. I'm probably alone on an island by thinking that, and for preferring my cards a lot cleaner. But I'm glad that the box came in to salvage the weekend some and that you're going to box up your Tino's! Pics please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rain... opening packs... and collecting rookie cards. Sounds like a perfect weekend.

    ReplyDelete