Wednesday, May 18, 2011

1966 Topps Rub-Offs - Willie Mays

Hehehehe. That was the only name I could find for these things on eBay. Topps Rub-Offs. Amazing.

Anyhow, I'm not quite sure how I got these in my collection. I've had them for as long as I can remember. I think I found them in my grandmother's house years ago, but I don't remember. They are super cool - I assume they are either temporary tattoos or stickers. I own these five, and while they aren't necessarily in great condition, they are still cool. I did see that Mickey Mantle is in the set, and it would be cool to own that one, although having Willie Mays is pretty freakin' cool. Does anyone have any additional information about these? Were they popular? Sold in packs? I could do some research, but I figure I might as well ask my knowledgeable friends first.

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure they were an insert in 1966 Topps packs. 120 "cards" in the set 100 players and 20 teams (that's all there were in 1966). Centering was a major issue with these. They are relatively inexpensive as a full set in VG books for $120.

    SCD rules again, best $15 I ever spent.

    ReplyDelete