Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm running at Yankee Stadium to fight cancer!

On August 7, I'll be participating in the Damon Runyon 5K for cancer research. What's unique about this 5K is that the race course is Yankee Stadium! I'll run through the concourses, up and down the stadium steps, and even around the warning track on the field! It's about as close as I'll ever get to gracing the outfield for the Yankees.

I'll be raising money for the run, and 100% of the donations I receive will go to cancer research. My fundraising goal is $61 - reasonable and attainable for sure, and the # 61 is obviously an important number to Yankee (and baseball) fans. Understanding that funds are low for many of us right now, I won't be too annoying about pestering for donations, but if you're interested in making a small contribution (anything is welcome) or learning more about the run, visit my personal page here: http://Runyon5K.kintera.org/ajmazza . And if it's not the best time to donate, I'll take your best wishes and good luck on the run. Normally I'd try to haul ass on a 5K, but this one is unique and I'll have more fun with it while running with friends through Yankee Stadium without getting yelled at.

1 comment: