Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I love beat-up vintage - my '55 Rizzuto

I have a very small collection of Yankees vintage. Not because I don't love the cards, they are just hard to find at affordable prices...unless you are those other bloggers who have those mythical bargain bins that don't really exist. A few years back, I picked up this 1955 Topps Phil Rizzuto. It's creased all over, which is the reason I could buy it at a low price. Doesn't make a difference to me. I even hope to find a beat up Mantle and Maris some day to add to my beat up Rizzuto and Yogi cards.

1955 Topps is one of my favorites. The vertical design is cool and stuck around for 1956 as well (and came back in 1960). The action shot of Rizzuto is great...the look on his face screams "thank goodness I caught this ball!" We've all been there, Phil.

1 comment: