Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Trade Review: Topps Pro Debut from Cinkly Wrappers

Ted from Crinkly Wrappers dropped me a line because he had six 2011 Topps Pro Debut Yanks I needed. He also offered to throw in some other goodies. I had a Collector's Choice Gold Signature Paul Molitor for him plus a few Jays cards.

Here is the main reason for the trade. I'm especially happy to get the Mason Williams. He's off to a great start in Staten Island and I like him a lot as a prospect.


Ted also sent me a bunch of great Yankee cards. These are merely the personal highlights, but there was a ton of good stuff that I'm most appreciative of.

I always enjoy this card. I misplaced my other copy, so I'm really excited to get one back. I was disappointed to see that Oscar had a shaved head at Old Timer's Day on Sunday.


A couple of numbered Yanks. The Abreu is #'d to 99.


A few sweet cards of some Yankee legends. Yep, lumping Jeets in with those three.


I scanned the backs of these cards instead of the front because I thought it was a little weird. These are 2004 Topps Hit Parade cards of Gary Sheffield and Ruben Sierra. Topps used the same stat for each - Active RBI Leaders - but added a line for Ruben that is not present on the Sheffield card.


A few 2011 Topps Attax cards with a romantic sunset background.


This card is awesome! Mickey decked out in Yankees gear!? Too cool.


And the final card I'm going to show off - this Wade Boggs 1994 Topps. Notice the odd colors? Pink? Turns out it was a sample card. It doesn't even have his 1994 stats yet!


There were many, many more great cards. Thanks again, Ted!

1 comment:

  1. That Mickey card is a 'stealth' insert from 2010 Topps Update. Just called stealth because no one was told they were going to be in the set.

    ReplyDelete