Thursday, February 13, 2014

Two more certified Yankee autos

I'm on a serious certified Yankees auto binge. I don't know what it is, but I keep on picking them up. I still love and prefer TTM, but it's so much simpler and convenient to just pick up an auto for $3. No risk, all reward.

Although, to be fair, I didn't pay for this one at all. This was a Listia win. Rarely do Yankee prospect autos surface, but I won this for a very reasonable price. It's a  2013 Bowman Platinum on-card auto of Peter O'Brien. He hit 22 HRs between two levels of A ball last year, and I'd expect him to start 2014 in Double A Trenton. As for the card, I have no idea if it's a Refractor, or if that's how all of the autographs are.
Next up, a PC guy! I snagged this 2011 Leaf Metal Draft Manny Baneulos auto for a few bucks on on eBay. Yes, unlicensed sucks, but Leaf really brings it with some sweet on card autos.
 
Two solid pickups of guys I expect to both play in the Bronx one day.


1 comment:

  1. Sadly, no, that's just what the BP autos look like. The silver/rainbow-ish background is normal. That set has the blue/green/red numbered parallels instead. ;)

    Good pick up, but now I'm sad. I had one I was going to send you at some point, lol.

    ReplyDelete