Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A surprise Griffey Jr RC from the Junior Junkie

A few weeks ago, The Junior Junkie held a contest for a 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr rookie card. I really wanted to win. I've never imagined actually owning such an iconic card. For those of you who did not enter, you had to write three sentences about Griffey that satisfied what TJJ was looking for. He wanted to be brought to tears. I decided to try and bribe him by including my three sentences on a Ken Griffey Jr sketch card:
Well, I didn't win. It was a valient attempt, and for that I received honorable mention, which I was still proud of.

Well, yesterday I received a PWE with this hand-drawn marking on the back:
I've seen this marking on many blogs, but I've never been on the receiving end. When I opened it, a Griffey RC fell out! So what if it isn't the 1989 UD? It's a 1989 Donruss RC, and to me, is still a very cool card. I have Griffey's Fleer RC, and I'm not going to wasting any time adding this to my son's binder.
TJJ, thanks for your generosity!

1 comment: