Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Phil's pants

I haven’t been too inspired to buy too many cards lately. There aren’t a ton of current products I love. My PC guys aren’t showing up in too many new releases, so I’m a little bored. It does happen from time to time, but I usually snap out of it, and I suspect I will this time. Still, I have a few bucks in my PayPal account, and do still search eBay every day or two to see what pops up.

I splurged (in the $5-range) for a Phil Rizzuto jersey card. Then it arrived, and I realized that the little text next to the swatch actually said "game-worn pants." Ok, fair enough!

The card itself is very nice. I like the cream-colored motif, and it matches the pant swatch well. I always enjoy these old relics and seeing how different the fabric was then. They have hints of multiple colors, like gray or navy, even though the swatch is off white. I wonder if that’s how they created the illusion of road gray?

Either way, while not my first Rizzuto relic, it is certainly one of my nicest, and it fits into my collection perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. That is a nice card. I've made the same mistake thinking a card was a piece of jersey. Sometimes to eBay blinders can do that.

    ReplyDelete