Friday, August 17, 2018

Time to sort

Lately, my kids have been getting on the Harry Potter movie train, much to my enjoyment. I'm a big Potter fan - I read all the books and usually saw the movies the night they opened. So it's been fun for me to see my kids take in movies 1-3. I won't let them watch movie 4 and beyond just yet, as they are still a but young and the series gets a bit more sirius after that.

One of my favorite scenes from the entire series is the first time we see the sorting hat. It's a great scene:
Sometimes, I wish there was a magical card-sorting machine so I wasn't always so behind.

Luckily, there is at least some hardware now that can help make the sorting process easier. I'm talking about BCW's card sorting tray!

I already got one of these back in December, but always kicked myself that I didn't order a second one at the same time. However, that changed this past week. You see, I'm part of Sport Card Collector's Fantasy Baseball League, and I had the top winning percentage in July. I had the choice of choosing between a sorting tray or a Topps Finest autograph. I chose....GRYFFINDOR! Errr, the sorting tray!

It arrived earlier this week, and I'm looking forward to putting it to good use. Thanks to SCC and BCW Supplies for the great prize!


3 comments:

  1. Nice win!

    I've seen these and thought about it, but I'm stuck in my ways for sorting and not sure I can change. Though it would be nice to be able to pick up and move all at once so it's out of the way.

    Would love an update to see how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's a great prize. I'm a huge HP fan too. I've been going back and forth about buying The Hogwarts Express Lego set. I probably won't end up buying it, but it's definitely a very cool build.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice prize. Do you know what the autograph was? I've never read the books and I've vowed never to. My dream is to die and be the only literate American never to have read them. Anyway, I have seen the films, though.

    ReplyDelete