Friday, August 3, 2018

TTM success from another Yankees prospect

The Yankees have traded a lot of minor league pitchers over the past week or so. I read somewhere (forgetting where) that they were comfortable doing this because the strongly believe in the crop of pitchers that they have behind the guys at the upper level.

One of these pitchers is Garrett Whitlock. Drafted in the 18th round last year, he's had a huge year between three clubs from low A to AA, and he currently sits at A+ Tampa. He's gone 7-5 with a sterling 1.85 ERA and 105 Ks in 102 IP. For his efforts, he has shot up to #11 on the Yankees MLB.com Top 30.

Whitlock was nice enough to sign this (old) Yankee Stadium card for me in about 6 weeks time.
I am quickly running out of my generic Yankee cards. I really don't like the blank "signature" cards, so I'll have to re-invest in a lot of logo/stadium cards like this one.

Thanks for the autograph, Mr. Whitlock!

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of getting these generic Yankee cards signed. If I ever started sending out TTM requests for guys without cards, I think I'd use those 80's Fleer logo cards. Pretty sure they're still cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten a bunch of those signed too...so I alternate between the Fleer logo stickers and the stadium cards. I'm just running low on inventory!

      Delete
  2. Very cool, but how do you keep track of these when the signatures aren't very legible? Do you put a sticky note on the back with the player's name or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a method for marketing the SASE so I know who returns it. For my binder where I keep these, I should put a sticky note on the back. Good call.

      Delete