Friday, October 25, 2019

The TCDB trades have come rolling in

First off, I use the free CamScanner app on my phone - I have for years. I just noticed they started watermarking my images. I guess they want me to actually pay for the service. I'm not endorsing them and I'm too lazy too re-scan the cards, so just a heads up that I am aware of the weird watermarks on the cards in this post.

Since I started on The Trading Card Database (TCDB) about two weeks ago, I completed four quick trades with another in transit. It was very gratifying in that fact that all four were done using PWE, and all four consisted of cards from 2019 sets (for the most party) that were just sitting in a pile in my card area. I was able to move them for cards I wanted, which is a beautiful thing.

While it usually takes a while to make a blogger-to-blogger swap, usually accumulating a stack of a certain team before sending, these transactions were all very quick and easy.

The first was with Trevor from Bump and Run Card Blog. He goes by tntcardsstg. He had the honor of not only making me my first trade offer, but walking me through the system on how to accept, update status, etc. It was a solid trade too! I sent Trevor 11 cards to help with his 2019 Topps Big League set, and here's what I got in return:
Very nice! Perfect trade of 11 cards I don't need, for a Gleyber RC, Judge insert, and a few 2019 cards.

The next trade was from rl16, who admittedly has a blog I wasn't following (but am now!) - All Cardinals All The Time. He offered me a Tino card in which I didn't have, an oddball at that from the St Louis Police! In return, he asked for NOTHING. Literally. He said "welcome to the site." What an awesome gesture!
The third trade was with herkojerko, who seems to be a very popular member. I sent him a 2019 Topps Big League But Bryce Harper and 2019 Fire JT Realmuto, and in return got some nice Yanks. Again, some nice Gleyber cards for spare change:
Lastly, the fourth trade came from another popular trader with great reviews, karsal. I sent 8 2019 Topps Archives cards and one Heritage SP, and got back a host of Yankees, include a Deivi Garcia, one of the Yankees top prospects!
Four great trades that I was happy to make! It seems to me that 2019 cards go much better than anything from the last few years, so that's a good note moving forward. I still have no idea how to use the match tool, as I want to get better about trading for Tinos I need and not just loading up on current Yankees. But for now, I'm happy with the start!

If you are on TCDB, feel free to reach out. My user name is 'thelostcollector'.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the site! I’ll hit you up for a trade sometime soon

    Cards My Mom Didn’t Throw Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new cards especially the new Tino Police card

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cards and thanks for the heads up on CamScanner watermarks. I haven't used it for a while but it's nice to have this info. But the cards! The Cards! They are my real takeaway from this post. Honest.

    ReplyDelete