Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Holiday PWEs > Holiday Cards

Over the past few weeks, holiday cards have been flooding in. Relatives and neighbors send family photos printed from Snapfish or Shutterfly, usually of photos taken from the fall at our local park. Some even include those letters about what the family has been up to this past year, which admittedly we usually mock. "Jim has taken up jigsaw puzzles during quarantine. Janie finally opened her Etsy shop. Suzie went to competitive cheer camp. Billy continues to play Fortnite and takes tuba lessons."

Each day, three or four cards grace our mailbox, but lately between the holiday greetings, I've found something even better.

PWEs!

I recently got four of them over the past few days, and I'll take those any day over the standard Christmas greetings.

The first is from Cards on Cards. I claimed a sweet Tee Higgins rookie card, which Kerry graciously set aside for me during one of his free card postings. Higgins has had a really good rookie year and developed a great rapport with Joe Burrow. He had a good shot at 1,000 yards before Burrow got hurt. He might still get there, but it'll be tougher now without a competent QB.
He also sent a few Yanks, my favorites which were some PINK cards of Aaron Judge and Gleyber Torres. Panini would be kicking Topps butt with a license.
Next up was a very unique gift from Tom of Angels In Order, a long-time trading friend. Tom sent me a bunch of what I assume are TTMs from some very random mid-80s Yankees!
There was also a great Don Zimmer signed index card, and a small piece of paper with signatures from Scott Proctor and Kyle Farnsworth!
Very cool stuff, Tom.

Third, Chris from The Collector and I exchanged PWEs. He was looking for some new football cards, so I shot him a random assortment. He hit me back with some Yankees, and some cards for my son's HOF binder! I always appreciate when people do that!
Lastly, Jay of Card Hemorrhage sent me a VERY packed PWE with all sorts of goodies. In addition to Yanks, Jay is always good for a surprise or two, whether it's other star players, cards from other sports, and more. 

The highlight for me was this Thurman Munson from 2020 Heritage:
This Jackie Robinson from 1986 Larry Fritsch Cards is very cool!
Here's a random assortment of what else Jay chucked my way.
Four really great PWEs from four really great bloggers. I'll take that any day over people I barely know!

6 comments:

  1. That 1986 Larry Fritsch Jackie Robinson is a great card. I'd love to stumble across that set at a card show or flea market. And that 2020 Munson Topps Giants is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yes! Tis the season! great selection of cards, that Alonso card is great...like he's chatting up the Polar Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some PWE glory! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, the Panini inserts are really nice. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a few of those 2020 Giants, but not the Munson. That's easily got to be the best one so far, and I can't imagine any of the others being able to top it.

    ReplyDelete