Monday, July 12, 2021

Derby Day

Greetings from Denver!

Today is the HR Derby, which is always a fun day during MLB All-Star festivities. I've always enjoyed the Derby, growing up watching guys like Griffey and McGwire showcase their power. I don't care that it's just BP. Watching a guy launch a ball 450 feet away is an impressive feat that most humans cannot do. 

I've seen one other Derby in person. I was there in 2008 when Josh Hamilton put on his epic display at old Yankee Stadium. While Morneau won that year, no one can forget what Hamilton did.

And of course, 1997 has always been a favorite of mine, when Tino Martinez won the event.
I will be in the crowd tonight, although not in HR landing territory. I think it's a trendy pick, but I think Joey Gallo is going to take it home.

What about you? Who is your pick to win tonight's HR Derby?

5 comments:

  1. I'm pulling for Olson and Ohtani. If I had to make a prediction, I'd go with Ohtani.

    Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gut feeling is that Ohtani can do no wrong this year and he'll win. (Then claim All-Star game MVP to boot!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't able to watch the event last night, but from everything I read this morning it sounded epic. I hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go to all the cool events. Hope you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for the best place to buy Psychedelics Products Online ?

    Visit the website below and thank me latter

    buy MDMA without prescription


    buy magic mushrooms for depression


    where to buy lsd online

    ReplyDelete