Friday, July 30, 2021

2021 Topps Yankees Project entry...for now

While I no longer actively send TTM autograph requests, I don't want my Topps Yankees Project to go by the wayside. 

The Series One checklist offered no real opportunities to check off 2021 in my quest to have a signed Topps Yankees card from each year. Series Two offered some slightly better options.

The first, and easiest, was a card featuring third base coach Phil Nevin and Giancarlo Stanton. Of course, Stanton doesn't answer fan mail, but Nevin is an outstanding signer. So while I'd prefer a traditional card being my entry for the 2021 season, this will be a solid placeholder in the binder for now:
I certainly hope to upgrade, both this card, and hopefully from a rostered player. The signature bubbled pretty badly. I definitely ran an eraser over the card prior to sending, but must not have done it enough if the marker tried so badly to evaporate.

However, I do like the card itself. Stanton's HR handoff is a pretty cool celebration when he is rounding the bases. Sadly, it just doesn't happen much anymore. Apparently he started this isn Miami and brought it to NY.

As for the Project, there's still a couple of other guys who might return a card, so hopefully I'll have another addition to this collection.

If you're interested in seeing past entries to the project, check this out here.

3 comments:

  1. I like the different home run celebrations guys have. As much as I want Stanton to have a solid 2nd half of the season, I sure hope the A's manage to beat out the Yankees for the other Wild Card spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the project. It's a nice card for sure but will be better for your collection if it's a rostered playah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for the best place to buy Psychedelics Products Online ?

    Visit the website below and thank me latter

    buy MDMA without prescription


    buy magic mushrooms for depression


    where to buy lsd online

    ReplyDelete