Friday, August 6, 2021

PWE prizes from bloggers

In my small corner of the hobby, not much beats a PWE from other bloggers.

I recently received two of them on the same day, which was surprising, as most PWEs nowadays are from the TCDB (a great place to trade if that's your sort of thing). While both appeared out of the blue, neither were necessarily 'just because.'

The first I opened was from Chris at The Collector. He held a PWE swap meet, where I sent him a random batch of basketball cards. In return, he sent me a Yankees themed PWE:
Very nice assortment. Older X-fractors still hold up. I also like the Goodwin Champions of Paul O'Neill and his big head. But my favorite card, not pictured above, was a cloth sticker from 2011 Lineage of A-Rod. Man, I really liked that set. If the cards had stats on the back it could have been an all-timer.
Thanks, Chris! Fun cards.

The other PWE was from Elliptical Man over at View From The Third Floor. I won his NFL Draft contest, and was awarded some auction points. He sent a note saying that he decided against an auction, so sent me a PWE of Yanks. No problem there!
Another really fun batch. A 1972 Topps Ron Blomberg?! Great card from a great set. That one takes the cake for me, although I liked the Gleyber inserts a lot too, as I'm still finishing that set.

Two excellent PWEs from two excellent bloggers. Thanks, guys!

6 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to check out Elliptical Man's View, but for some reason, Blogger keeps flagging his page with a "Sensitive Content Warning" :) Seems like a good fellow so I'll throw caution to the wind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah that happens to me too, but I have yet to see any nudes...

      Delete
  2. I like those lineage cloth stickers. They don't get enough credit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are nice surprise envelopes! And a lot of cards in them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lineage was a great set, even without the stats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this..best wishes from Water Filter UAE

    ReplyDelete