Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tino Tuesdays #17: 1998 Collector's Choice Cover Glory #9

This is one of my favorite Tino cards. It's not valuable or rare, but it speaks to one of my best Tino memories - his 1997 April. Tino had a great year in '97 - 44 HRs and 141 RBIs in his second season in the Bronx, and it all started with a record-setting April.

In just the second game of the year, Tino blasted three HRs and had seven RBI, and really never looked back. He finished April with a then-record 34 RBIs while hitting .300 with nine homers. I remember how it seemed like every game he collected a few ribbies. It was a lot of fun to watch and this card always reminds me of that time. It's also around the time when I really started to collect him, so this feels like where it all began.

No comments:

Post a Comment