Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tino Tuesdays #20: 1998 Score Showcase Series #PP127

Looking back, I really under appreciated Score in the 1990’s. I viewed them as the “cheap” cards. Well, they were. It was hard to expect a pack of Score to provide a "valuable" card, especially when up against Ultra or Stadium Club or Upper Deck. But being a kid, a lot of times I was left with Score because the other packs were too expensive.

There was usually an insert per pack – some sort of Gold Rush or Showcase Series parallel that was usually shinier than the base cards. They weren’t that big of a deal. However, it was still nice to get a little something different, even if they were one per pack. I wish there was a product out now like Score. I guess Opening Day is the closest thing, but it doesn’t feel different enough from the flagship.


No comments:

Post a Comment