Monday, December 8, 2014

Zippy Zappy, you scared me.



Zippy Zappy over at Torren Up Cards scared me last week. The Zapster is one of the most generous guys out there, and I was worried we lost another one. Luckily, he was just messing around, and was referring to his string of consecutive weeks with a TTM return coming to end. But lo and behold, he got back in the W column this past week.

Well, I don’t want to contribute to him shutting down his blog (he’s not!), so just to be safe, here are some cards he sent me AGES ago that have been sitting in my scanned folder. I am really bad at posting mega packages, so to guys like Zippy Zappy and JBF, my apologies. They just kind of daunt me even though I LOVE receiving them.

First, Kenny always sends me some cool SI Yankees stuff – whether it’s newspapers or pocket schedules – and this magnetic schedule is awesome. I envy Kenny for his dedication to the SI Yanks. I would love to frequent their games, but just can’t with my little rug rats, plus they play a lot of day games.
Here’s a Bowman RC auto of Eric Jagielo, one of the Yanks first round picks in 2013. I sent Kenny a Jagielo he didn’t have, and he returns the favor with an auto. Hardly seems fair.
Sean Henn! This guy must’ve autographed thousands of cards for card companies. I feel like I have more Henn autos than any player out there.
Here’s an auto of 2015 Yankees starting shortstop Brendan Ryan.
Shiny Dellin! Oh nelly these are nice cards of the 2105 Yankees closer.
I say “2015 Yankees closer” because this guy may be ready to walk. I don’t blame the Yanks. I do want Robertson back, and quite badly, but if he’s commanding the deal he’s looking for, I’d say let him go. It’s not a loyalty thing, I really like him and he’s homegrown and has been great over the past four or five season. It’s just that those resources can be better spent elsewhere. Is Betances ready for the 9th? I’m not sure. It’s not quite fair to use the Rivera/Wetteland example, but I’m also not going to freak out if the Yanks go into spring training with Betances or Andrew Miller as the closer. Could be a lot worse. Also, the card design on this D-Rob looks like one of those ugly graphic tee’s the players wear.
Two Rizzutos I needed!
And two Pinedas I needed!
Tyler Wade. Remember the name.
And last but not least, a Tino that wouldn’t scan well because it’s just that shiny!
 
Thanks again, Kenny! Be on the lookout for something from me.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the cards.

    And if you think I scared you last week, just wait until the Holiday Zap I have planned for you arrives at your door.

    ReplyDelete