Friday, April 27, 2018

TTM Success: Yankees 2017 First Round Pick

I've been seriously slacking with sending out TTM requests. I haven't sent one in over a month. Every time I have a few moments to myself, I haven't been motivated to spend the time to write a letter to a player. Usually I go in waves of being very motivated and not being motivated at all when it comes to TTMing. This is one of the times where I'm falling in the camp of the latter.

Still, with a lot of outstanding requests, it's always nice to come home to a surprise PWE with my hand-writing on it. In this instance, I was thrilled to open the envelope and find this:
A success from 2017 Yankees 1st Round Pick Clarke Schmidt! Cool!

Schmidt has yet to suit up for the Yankees organization as he recovers from Tommy John surgery that he had in college. Still, he projects very favorably, and the Yankees feel like they got a starter with a bulldog-type mentality for lower than that he would have gone had he been healthy at the time of the Draft. Hopefully the risk pays off!

I'm not sure if Schmidt will see time this season, but I look forward to him returning to the mound and moving quickly through the Yankees minor league system. I had a lot of hope that James Kaprielian would be that guy for the Yankees, but after he was traded, Schmidt is going to fill that void for me.

Thanks for the awesome signed cards, Mr. Schmidt!

1 comment: