Thursday, June 28, 2018

The youngest to (insert the blank)

Pretty much every night, I feel like I see a new graphic about Gleyber Torres.

Youngest AL player to hit a HR in 4 straight games.
Youngest Yankee to hit a walk-off homer.
Youngest player to make a grown man go broke because he keeps buying a 21-year-old's Topps NOW cards.

Ok, that last one might have been a stretch, but that's the direction I'm headed. I've actually been a bit better recently about not buying every single Torres Topps NOW cards, but it's when a.) he's really good and b.) so are the Yankees.
This one just arrived in the mail, and I've got two more on the way: 10+ HRs before 22nd birthday matches Mantle, and then the shared card with Juan Soto.

I'm writing this post on Friday and scheduling it for the following Thursday (aka today). I'll probably have bought three more of these between then and now.

4 comments:

  1. Yankees collectors have always had to have a little deeper pockets... but it's especially been true these past two years. Thinking about this kinda makes me appreciate being an A's and Padres fan a little more. It's one of the few things I can grasp at while being a fan of these two teams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man you're dedicated. I still only have one Torres card and that's a MiLB issue of him as a Cubs prospect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have the dual with Austin Meadows for May Rookie of Month? I picked up a few of them

    ReplyDelete