Tuesday, September 4, 2018

See what's in this old box of crap

I've still got a few unpacked bins of crap that belonged to me as a kid. I'm still working to organize my collection, so I've let these bins sit for quite awhile before tackling them. While I'm not ready to do that just yet, sometimes it's still fun to crack them open and see what's in there.
Inside this particular bin was a small shoe box filled with a few odds and ends. I figured it woul dbe worth a fun post to peek inside, so here's what we have:
Exciting!
First off, a 1985 Topps 3D Pete Rose. Based on the thumb tack hole, I displayed this on my wall at some point. I wonder if my wife will mind if I hang this up in our bedroom?
Next up, a signed baseball by 1994 AL Rookie of the Year Bob Hamlin. It still has the shrink wrap on it! This came as part of a large repack from Sam's Club in the mid-90s.
Here we have a bunch of Mets items. I promise I'm not a closet Mets fan, but since they were the Double A team in town, a lot of items I got from promotional giveaways have Mets logos on them:
The Troll doll is pretty cool.
A Florida Marlins cap keychain. No idea when or where I got that.
A random coin.
And 5 Starting Lineups! Bret Sabrehagen, Wally Joyner, Jim Rice, Gary Carter, and Straw! I know I got a few of these from the Sears Wishbook. I do remember I got the Gary Carter at CVS when I was sick one time.

Overall, a pretty fun box of crap!

5 comments:

  1. "I promise I'm not a closet Mets fan"

    Sus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve pulled a few boxes from my mothers house that loook pretty similar

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your wife lets you hang up Pete in the bedroom, then she's definitely a wife of the year candidate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Topps 3D cards are cool. Unfortunately, trying to figure out how to store them isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the George Brett SLU is hiding from you...

    ReplyDelete